by jameswexler | Jun 19, 2020 | blog
Phoenix and Scottsdale are the fastest growing cities in Arizona. The average household is 2.87people, and it continues to grow. Many people visit the area for the great temperatures and the many award-winning golf courses in the area. There are also many golf communities that are located right on golf course properties. Many youngsters start off playing mini golf and then start playing 18-hole golf as they get older. With the pandemic upon us, parents are looking for fun events that they can enjoy at home. It also spurs creativity and can be altered to keep families challenged while they’re learning to play the game of golf, by starting by playing mini golf.
People travel from all over the world to enjoy the numerous golf courses in town and the beautiful Arizona temperature makes nearly every day a good day for golf. Over 16 million travel to Phoenix each year, many of them are so enthralled by the area, they decide to make it their home.
As our lives continue to change, we are all challenged to stay active and healthy, while keeping a distance from each other and take the necessary safety precautions to stay well.
Create Your Own Mini Golf Course in Your Phoenix Home
With the COVID-19 pandemic, we are all learning a new normal. Parents are home from work in many cases, and schools are closed. Parents are learning how to juggle working from home and teaching their kids, so they do not fall behind. This is also stressful for kids that miss going to school, seeing their friends and taking part in their usual activities. If you are wondering, “what is family stress,” it’s the stress that both parents and children feel as their lives change and the future as we know it now can seem uncertain.
One way to learn how to deal with family stress is to be open about it, share feelings and let your kids know that they are protected and the precautions currently being implemented are being done to keep them safe. It is also important to let them know that during this uncertain time that.
Golf has always been a popular sport for adults, but there are some golf activities you can do at home that are fun for the whole family and is a great way to get children engaged in the sport. It also helps kids because it introduces them to competition & golf and teaches them a new fun skill that may lead them to become interested in playing golf as they mature. Plus, playing a game of mini golf is fun as each member of the family can plan holes around their home and yard, which spurs creativity.
How to Build a Homemade Mini Golf Course
Parents should consider building their own mini golf course at home. Here is a step by step tutorial to help parents and children make a homemade mini golf course at home.
Here are some ideas:
- First of all, if your children have not played mini golf before, show them some pictures on the internet to get them excited about building their own.
- Decide where you are going to build your homemade mini golf. For younger children, you should keep it simple, for older kids, let them express their ideas and expand it as far as you would like to go, both inside and out.
- Design your course by drawing out the rooms and the route the course will take throughout the house. Under tables, around furniture and other unique trails throughout the home.
- Determine if your course will have a theme. You can choose common topics like a zoo theme by using stuffed animals, do not forget to use DIY mini golf obstacles to increase the challenge and difficultly levels.
- Use household items for mini golf hole ideas. Use plastic cups as the hole by setting them on their side. You can also use oatmeal boxes, cereal boxes, and other items to create tunnels and ramps.
- For added interest, you can create holes outside of the house as well. If you have a yard, you can expand the DIY mini golf obstacles outside. You can use a variety of objects such as train tracks, trucks, and other toys to adorn your driveway or backyard and create more challenges.
- Get golf clubs, either real putters for more mature kids or plastic “sticks” for youngsters.
- With the homemade mini golf, you can change up the holes at any time to make them more challenging. You can create new paths and obstacles such as a wall of plastic cups that may tumble if you do not get them through the opening.
- Find some way to make the 18th hole unique, perhaps a hidden hold around a corner or a piece of wood to “bank” the ball into the plank and get it into the cup.
- Create fun scorecards and keep score to see how everyone is progressing in their game.
- Keep track of the winners and find a fun, inexpensive prize for the winner.
Post Lockdown Mini Golf Courses in Phoenix:
Getting the family involved in mini-golf during the pandemic can be the precursor to enjoying the many mini-golf courses in the Scottsdale area once the lockdown is over.
There are many activities close to home that are appropriate for the entire family.
9500 E. Talking Stick Way
- Troon North Golf Club to Top Golf is just a 15-minute drive
- They offer a wide array of dining places
- Entertainment, golf, and game rooms
- They also offer parties and event spaces
Glow Putt Mini Golf:
9160 E Shea Blvd #110 (In the Courtyard Shops)
- Glow Putt Mini Golf is just 16 minutes to Desert Highland Golf Club
- At this course, you will play inside in the air-conditioned venue in the dark
- They also have a room that can be reserved for parties
Cracker Jax Family Fun & Sports Park:
16001 N. Scottsdale Road
- Cracker Jax is just 26 minutes from Desert Mountain Golf Club
- Cracker Jax offers a wide range of games, batting cage, laser-tag, go-karts, outdoor rides, and mini golf. They also offer golf instructions for those of all ages.
- They were built to accommodate parties of all sorts
Casey’s Sports World:
3947 E. Union Hills Road
- 19 minutes from Ancala Golf Course to Casey’s Sports World
- The wide range of activities includes batting cates, mini golf, turf areas for soccer, lacrosse, laser tag, kickball, flag football, and dodgeball as well as Mudville baseball and softball training facility
- There are concessions available with pizza, snacks, beer, and wine
During these challenging times, we need to do our best to get through them together. Using this time to plan new and different activities is a great way to enjoy your time as a family and perhaps even create ongoing family events for all to enjoy.
by jameswexler | May 29, 2020 | blog
Estancia Golf Course in Scottsdale opened to positive reviews in 1995. The course, which spans 7324 yards, was designed by Tom Fazo. He was the winner of the “Best Modern-Day Golf Course Architect” award three times over. His other courses won “Best Private,” “Best Public,” and “Best Resort” course awards numerous times. He also was the first person to win all three awards in a single year. He’s also the single living designer among the Top 100 American and World Courses lists.
In his design of Estancia, he says he wanted to “Design the course so the regular player can enjoy his rounds by still feel challenged.” For over 50 years, Fazo worked on numerous courses, and no one has more courses to his name on the Golf Digest’s list of America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses or on the Golfweek’s list of America’s Best.
After winning the award three times, the “Best Modern-Day Golf Course Architect” award was disconnected by Golf Digest. Also notable, he won The Old Tom Morris Award from the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America.
Estancia Golf Club Membership Costs
While Estancia Golf Club membership costs can change year-to-year, they are currently set at $150,000 (Golf Market Based Pricing) with golf dues of $22,750 a year. There is also a $10,000 social (residential) fee. Residents must own property to gain access to the social membership. Social dues are $7,584 per year, and there is no food or beverage minimum. Options include sponsorship, application, and approval.
Private Golf Facilities at Estancia
The golf club offers a number of amenities to users. There are five grass teens, a short game practice area, covered areas, and grass putting green. There’s also a range of targets, including flags, bunkers, built-up greens, and fairway cuts.
The Estancia Golf Course “Hall of Fame”
Take a look at the golf course’s numerous accolades spanning the last 25 years.
- #1: America’s 100 Greatest Golf Courses 2005 through 2019 (#70 in 2019) – Golf Digest
- #2 Private Golf Course in AZ – 2019 – Golf Digest
- #3: America’s Top 100 Modern Courses, 2016 – #31 – Golfweek Magazine
- #4: America’s Top 100 Residential Courses, 2017 – #3 – Golfweek Magazine
- #5: America’s Best Residential Courses, 2017 – #6 – Golfweek Magazine
- #6: America’s Top 100 Residential Communities 2010 – #24 – Golfweek Magazine
- #7: America’s Top 100 Courses 2005 through 2012 – Golfweek Magazine
- #8: America’s 50 Best Modern Golf Clubs 2007, #3 – Golf Digest
- #9: America’s 100 Greatest Public & Private Golf Courses 2005 & 2006 – Golf Digest
- #10: Top Rated Golf Courses for Arizona 2005-06 – Golf Digest
- #11: Top 500 Holes in the World 2000 Hole 2, Par 4 – Golf Magazine
- #12: America’s Best New Private Golf Course 1996 – Golf Digest T
What Makes Estancia Golfing So Special?
The course has much to offer, including bentgrass greens with incredible views. It’s located just under the north slopes of Pinnacle Peak, creating some of the most unique views of any golf course. It’s also routed to provide a variety of uphill and downhill shots, allowing for a change of direction at just about every hole. Every one of the 18 holes offers a variety of approach shots. There are also numerous teeing areas.
How to Beat the Estancia Golf Course?
The course has a range of tees from 7314 to just 5207. Most of the players on the course choose the blue tees, which offer 6715 yards or the copper teens at 6336 yards. The two back nine courses have a par 36 and offer the same type of visual beauty you’ll find on the rest of the course. The generous fairways to enjoy, but many play at an angle on the dogleg holes.
To do well with this course, players need to get pin placement and approach shots just right. The course features well-bunkered greens that are deep. The banks and backstops along the course can work in your favor or work against you, depending on the situation. Each play is a bit different as a result.
For those who love the area, golf course homes are available. Estancia Golf Club homes for sale offer a wide range of beautiful features. There are about 384 lots in this master-planned community with 211 estate lots and 173 hillside villas. Costs range from $1.25 million up to $5 million. Visit James Wexler for the best real estate in Scottsdale, AZ.
by jameswexler | May 26, 2020 | blog
Scottsdale golf homes for sale are available right now. Many people wonder if the real estate market in our area has been impacted by COVID-19. The answer is – not as much as some would believe. People still need to buy and sell homes. Families are still moving into the area for work. Some are buying a larger home to accommodate a growing family or an in-law suite. In other cases, individuals are realizing now is the ideal time to find a dream home to start enjoying life. When working with our Realtors Scottsdale Golf homes can be bought and sold not only at a good value but also safely.
How Much Has COVID-19 Impacted Scottsdale Golf Real Estate?
As one of the most sought after markets in the region, Scottsdale golf homes for sale continue to be bought and sold rather quickly. The market as a whole has seen an 8 percent increase in the number of units sold in the month of March – that’s good news for today’s home buyer looking for available real estate inventory as well as sellers looking for buyers for fast, profitable sales.
Can You Safely Buy and Sell Real Estate During COVID-19?
Our real estate agents in Scottsdale Golf communities are taking numerous steps to help ensure all people coming in for an appointment, whether they are seeing homes for sale or signing contracts, can do so in a safe manner.
For Home Buyers: COVID-19 Safety Tips
There are steps you can take if you are planning to buy Scottsdale golf homes for sale to stay safe during the process, including:
- Take a video tour before you visit in person.
- We’re working to ensure there are fewer people present during home visits.
- Proper social distancing practices are in place throughout the process.
- Don’t touch anything in the home to keep yourself safe.
- Wear facial masks to cover your nose and mouth when visiting.
- After leaving the home, sanitize your hands and, when you can, wash them properly.
For Home Sellers: COVID-19 Safety Tips
As you list your home for sale, there are a few things real estate agents in Scottsdale golf communities want you to know:
- Open up all doors and windows so people can see what’s present without having to touch the home.
- Keep your pets outside of the home during the visit or take them with you to the park.
- After coming home, wipe off all surfaces with a disinfecting wipe, including door hands or countertops.
Why Should You Work with Realtors Scottsdale Golf Communities Offer?
When you work with a real estate agent for your home sale or purchase, you’ll see a significant improvement in your outcome for several reasons. First, you’ll save time because your agent has local knowledge and can answer most of your questions for you. We can help you find the best neighborhood quickly. If you’re selling, we’ll ensure your home is priced properly to sell quickly.
Our goal is to give you the tools you need so you can sell faster for a higher price point or purchase with the best available deal. Let our real estate agents Scottsdale golf communities respect sell or buy your home right now.
by jameswexler | Feb 26, 2020 | blog
If you seek Sonoran Desert living at its best, DC Ranch delivers.
This north Scottsdale master-planned community truly has it all: Beautiful views, upscale homes, and a sense of community. Set on more than 4,000 acres at the base of the McDowell Mountains, DC Ranch is known for its proximity to nature, diverse housing options and pleasant lifestyle.
Whether you’re looking for a condo or townhouse, a patio home or a custom home, you’ll find it in DC Ranch. Since 1998, a diverse range of people have called this community home, from growing families to empty nesters to young professionals.
Residents love the development’s miles of walking and hiking trails, perfect for a bike ride or even a saunter on horseback. They enjoy spending time in the 50 community parks and green spaces within DC Ranch, all landscaped to complement the beauty of the Sonoran Desert. Two community centers offer swimming, sports courts, fitness facilities, a spa, and a theater and playhouse. And residents really appreciate DC Ranch’s proximity to the amenities of nearby Scottsdale, such as world-class shopping and dining, top healthcare facilities, and exciting cultural attractions.
At the heart of the community lies the Country Club at DC Ranch. Here, members can play the 18-hole, par 71 course, designed by Jon Fought and Tom Lehman. The club also offers fine dining, lighted tennis courts, swimming pools and more.
DC Ranch is home to highly ranked schools in the Scottsdale Unified School District. Several private and charter schools are just minutes away.
As you can gather from the community’s name, DC Ranch is set on a former cattle ranch that plays a role in Arizona history. The master planners wanted the community to blend seamlessly into the surrounding Sonoran Desert landscape, and took great care to honor the region’s past and natural beauty. DC Ranch designers include an apprentice of Frank Lloyd Wright, as well as input from the McDowell Sonoran Conservancy.
Homes for sale in DC Ranch run the gamut, starting with elegant condos and townhomes. Those seeking space to grow will appreciate the wide range of larger semi-custom and expansive family homes in the community. If you’re seeking a luxury home on the golf course or a villa that takes full advantage of the stunning McDowell Mountain views, you’ll find it in DC Ranch.
If you’d like to learn more about homes in this comfortable and upscale community, contact me to learn more about DC Ranch homes for sale.
by jameswexler | Feb 23, 2020 | blog
Calling all golf enthusiasts! Are you dreaming of a home in a community that’s literally built around the love of the game? Then a luxury golf home in the Desert Highlands may make your dreams come true.
At the heart of this guard-gated community lies a private, members-owned Jack Nicklaus “Signature” course. Nestled on 850 acres at the foot of Pinnacle Peak, Desert Highlands’ developers intentionally kept the community small so homeowners could form lasting friendships with their fellow golf-loving neighbors. The master planned community also intentionally set aside more than 400 acres to remain pristine and undeveloped, with a focus on the natural beauty of the Sonoran Desert.
The result? A green gem in north Scottsdale with highly sought-after homes in a stunning setting. Given the community’s small size — only 560 home sites — it’s easy to understand why homes for sale in Desert Highlands are so desirable. Here, you’ll find luxury homes designed to take full advantage of both the lush greens of the course and the gorgeous desert landscape. Most homes in the Desert Highlands are custom builds, ranging from the $700,000s to multi-million dollar estates.
Desert Highlands is the first Arizona development built around a country club. Its course is also the first to be played by the so-called ultimate foursome, also known as Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Tom Watson. Today, the par-72, 18-hole course encompasses more than 7,100 yards of play. For a truly exclusive experience, membership is restricted to Desert Highlands golf home owners only.
Residents can take advantage of an 18 hole putting course, a clubhouse, an extensive fitness center, swimming pools and eateries. Desert Highlands is also home to some of the best tennis courts in Scottsdale; home owners can use the community’s clay, grass and synthetic hardtop courts in the world-class tennis facility.
Desert Highlands’ location in north Scottsdale offers convenient access to the area’s healthcare facilities, such as the world renown Mayo Clinic. It’s also just a short drive to the thriving shopping, dining, entertainment and business districts of Scottsdale and Phoenix.
For families with school-aged children, the community is part of the highly rated Cave Creek Unified School District. Youth can also attend several top tier private and charter schools in the local area.
If you’re seeking a golf lifestyle in a small, elegant community, Desert Highlands may be the ideal place to call home. Contact me today to learn more about homes for sale in Desert Highlands.
by jameswexler | Feb 20, 2020 | blog
Imagine spectacular views of a championship golf course and the stunning Sonoran Desert from every window. Now picture yourself enjoying life in a serene, guard-gated community embraced by pristine landscape. If this sounds like paradise, Desert Mountain golf homes fit the bill.
This exclusive private community offers a true escape; encompassing 8,000 acres, Desert Mountain borders the Tonto National Forest and the charming town of Carefree. But best of all, Desert Mountain offers the ultimate in luxury living.
In this guard gated community, you’ll find not one, not two, but six Jack Nicklaus “Signature” golf courses, plus a brand-new par-54 championship course. Desert Mountain’s cool-season turf ensures lush, emerald green grasses all year round. As a Desert Mountain resident, the hardest question you’ll face is which course to play today.
But there’s more than just golf in this exclusive enclave. Each course has its own clubhouse and community center, offering sports courts, swimming pools, spas, and fine dining restaurants on-site. Add in a full calendar of activities, entertainment and events for all ages, and it’s easy to see why so many wish to call Desert Mountain home.
Though it’s set in the pristine Sonoran Desert at Scottsdale’s northern edge, Desert Mountain isn’t far from all the city has to offer. It’s just a few miles down the road to upscale shopping and dining at Kierland, Old Town Scottsdale and Scottsdale Fashion Square. Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, the Valley’s business districts and world-class medical facilities are just a short drive away.
But the real attraction in Desert Mountain may just be its golf homes. Here, you’ll find a stunning range of custom homes, from spacious casitas to elegant villas on the green with mountain views. The keyword is luxury, with multi-million-dollar homes and outstanding architecture scattered across Desert Mountain’s 35 secluded villages.
All were designed with the beauty of the surrounding landscape in mind. The community was established by Taliesin Associated Architects, which was founded by world-renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Every Desert Mountain development represents Wright’s respect for the Sonoran Desert’s unique natural beauty.
If you’d like to learn more about Desert Mountain homes for sale in Scottsdale, contact me today.